The National Center on Education Outcomes is releasing a series of videos on various aspects of learning support for children with significant cognitive disabilities at home. The videos are now available on YouTube.
- Helping Your Child with Routines at Home
- Helping Your Child with the Foundation of Communication at Home
- Helping Your Child with Communications at Home
- Helping Your Child with Academics at Home
In addition to parents and educators, other audiences will find the videos useful as they work with parents and families. Each video focuses on three key questions:
- Why is it important to focus on this with my child at home?
- How can I do this at home?
- What support can I ask for from my child’s school?
Additional videos will be added to the series over the next several months. Future videos will be on supporting the learning of reading, writing and math at home, as well as one on monitoring progress.