Boost for Teachers 2023
January 6 @ 12:00 am - February 7 @ 11:59 pm
GRADS (Grant Roberts Area Disability Supports) is announcing its 2023 One Hundred Dollar Boost for Teachers Awards!
Last year’s winner was May Amodia from Sisseton.
Please share this information with your Special Services staff.
January 6, 2023 Boost for Teacher Announcement
February 3, 2023 Boost for Teacher Applications are due.
February 7, 2023 GRADS Board will review applications.
February 17, 2023 Boost for Teacher Winner(s) will be announced.
May 19, 2023, a short summary from the winners will be posted on the GRADS website.
Please fill out, copy and paste the six questions below and email the information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail it to: Mary Lou Bullert, 47822 158th Street, La Bolt, SD 57246
If you have specific questions you can call her at 605-467-0914.
Overview: GRADS, is awarding $100 Boosts to MS/HS teachers, speech therapist, occupational therapist, and/or guidance counselors who are providing instruction in the area of job skills, self-help skills, communication skills, socialization, working with money, meal preparation and/or empowerment to students with disabilities in the Grant Roberts area. We know teachers invest much of their own time and money into classroom activities and would like to recognize their efforts. With that in mind and in the spirit of National Disabilities Employment Awareness, one hundred dollar checks will be directly awarded to the winning applicants on Friday, February 17, 2023. Proposals may be submitted from now until the deadline of February 3, 2023.
MS/HS students with special needs who are involved in job skill training, independent living, have communication needs, need support in the area of mental health or are approaching a transitional phase in their education.
Teacher(s) who are selected for the Boost for Teachers Awards will need to submit a few paragraphs summarizing their project by Friday, May 19, 2023. The summary will be posted on our website.
1. Is this for a specific individual need or for a group?
2. How many students with disabilities will benefit from your proposal?
3. If applicable, estimate how many students without disabilities will be included in your activity. For example, the activity may be done in an inclusion setting.
4. A brief explanation of how you will utilize the $100 (one hundred) to empower students who have disabilities and are learning skills in the area of occupations. (1 page or less)
5. Budget: Please identify how the one hundred dollars will be utilized. This could be an estimate for supplies and materials to facilitate your activity. For example, food to make meals. Applicants may use funds to purchase items for their use and/or student use.
6. Submit this form on or before February 3, 2023.
- January 6 @ 12:00 am
- February 7 @ 11:59 pm