Boost for Teachers/Mentors Award
by Grant Roberts Area Disability Supports
The Grant Roberts Area Disability Supports group is pleased to be offering the Boost for Teacher incentive for the third year. Please share this information with your staff. Deadlines are as follows:
Tuesday, January 2nd, Boost for Teacher Announcement
Friday, February 16th, Boost for Teacher Applications are due.
Friday, February 23rd, the GRADS Board will review applications.
Thursday, Leap Year! February 29th, 2024 Boost for Teacher/Mentors Winner(s) will be announced.
Winners will be expected to submit a paragraph/short summary by May 10, 2024.
Please copy, paste, and fill out the six questions below and email your responses to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail it to: Mary Lou Bullert, 47822 158th Street, La Bolt, SD 57246
Overview: GRADS, is awarding $100 Boosts to MS/HS teachers, mentors, speech therapist, occupational therapist, and/or guidance counselors who are providing instruction in the area of job skills, self-help skills, communication skills, socialization, working with money, meal preparation and/or empowerment to students with disabilities in the Grant Roberts area. We know teachers/mentors invest much of their own time and money into classroom activities and would like to recognize their efforts. With that in mind and in the spirit of National Disabilities Employment Awareness, one hundred dollar checks will be directly awarded to the winning applicants on Leap Year Thursday, February 29th, 2024. Proposals may be submitted from now until the deadline of February 16th, 2024.
The target group is MS/HS students with special needs and adults who are being mentored because of a disability. This may include individuals who are involved in job skill training, independent living, have communication needs, need support in the area of mental health, physical fitness, or those who are approaching a transitional phase in their education or adults within the community who receive mentoring services.
Teachers/mentors who are selected for the Boost for Teachers Awards will need to submit a paragraph/short summary of their project by Friday, May 10th, 2024. The summary will be posted on our website.
1. Is this for a specific individual need or for a group?
2. How many individuals with disabilities will benefit from your proposal?
3. If applicable, estimate how many individuals without disabilities will be included in your activity. For example, the activity may be done in an inclusion setting.
4. A brief explanation of how you will utilize the $100 (one hundred) to assist individuals who have a disability and are acquiring job skills, self-help skills, communication skills, mental health, physical fitness, socialization, working with money, meal preparation and/or empowerment, such as using public transportation. (1 page or less)
5. Budget: Please identify how the one hundred dollars will be utilized. This could be an estimate for materials to facilitate your activity. Applicants may use funds to purchase items for their use and the target individuals. For example, funds could be used to pay for both the mentor and target individual to use public transportation, purchase tickets to an event, buy food, or materials for a classroom project. Activities, like Special Olympics, are acceptable.
6. Submit this form on or before Friday, February 16th, 2024.